Sunday, December 2, 2007

Activision Blizzard

What kind of game blogger would I be to not report on such a HUGE merger? The world of gaming has forever changed as we know it. Nothing will ever be the same anymore. My WoW launcher keeps laughing at me. I awoke to spiderwebs all over my xbox. When I played Guitar Hero this morning my notes kept critting. It was crazy. And that's how it's going to be from now on, because of Vivendi and Activision's merge.

As many have put it, this can either be a good thing, or a very, very, very bad thing. I'm crossing my finger's it's not the latter, but I will not be suprised in the least. This comes shortly after EA's ceo said the period of game mergers was over. They showed him.

It's very reasonable to be concerned about the quality of games they produce. Activision has great console games, whereas Blizzard is the only successful western publisher in Asia. They also have Starcraft, and I don't even need to explain that one. These two companies, or this new company rather, have the potential to do something amazing to the gaming industry. They are bigger than EA. Warhammer Online will be met head on by the two.

On the other hand, they could very easily end up like EA, and we all know how that is.

No comments: