Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Gamespot "Explains" Gerstmann's Going

I advise you to carefully read what Gamespot has to say, and take into consideration the altering of reviewer scores that Eidos did. They went far enough to misquote Game Informer and Gamespy, as well as change the scores. This was revealed by Kotaku. Remember that just because Gamespot gives a reason for it's actions, most of which are vague, it does not mean it is true.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6183666.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

It really isn't about Gerstmann. It's about our trust for Gamespot to deliver legit reviews. Sure, they say that other publishers have been upset with them before, and this wont be the last. But were those other publishers running an enormous ad campaign on Gamespot? Doubt it. Gamespot doesn't provide any. I was very hyped for Kane and Lynch. In fact, were I not so broke half the time I'd of bought it shortly after release. The heavy ads seemed to speak for themselves as far as review went. And then I watched Gerstmann's review. It saved me about 64 dollars. That goes a long way for a young guy like me. That save also goes a long way for Gamespot as well, which is the only professional gaming review site I visit. Then this happened. Gamespot has attempted to pose reasons for it's actions, and perhaps it was just bad timing and internal review blah blah blah. But as far as I am concerned they have not done near well enough proving their innocence. In the court of law one is innocent until proven guilty. In the court of the consumer it is very much the other way around.

No comments: