Friday, November 23, 2007

IBuyPower.Com

SUCKS!


And I mention this now, months after I bought my computer from them, because as I was rummaging through spare cd's, computer parts, and various accessories old feelings emerged. Rightfully so, too, because I spent at least a hundred extra bucks on a webcam and a GamerBridge (nifty little thing that lets me hook up consoles to my comp and record), neither of which was compatible with the Vista os they sold me. Call me dumb for not checking on compatability myself, but that's dirty marketing right there. They should have either not included it in my options, or at least forewarned me about the unuseability of the two. Not to mention, I don't think I ever got the actual installation cd for the gamerbridge.

And it doesn't even stop there...
I love games. I love pc games. I don't know didly about computers. So when I was handed a computer with so many unnattached parts and no instructions whatsoever, I was not pleased. Especially considering there was a form with some jerks signature saying the computer passed inspection, yet when I DID finally get it hooked up right it still wouldn't work. Why? Because someone screwed one of the dang video cards in completely wrong. It was very noticeable as well. How they managed this I don't know, but it doesn't suprise me after calling customer support and talking to a man who didn't speak a lick of english.

www.ibuypower.com
Don't do it.

2 comments:

Luisman said...

god damn it....i hope my comp doesnt turn out as bad...

Anonymous said...

I had very similar experiences with them bro. I ended up building my own from newegg.. Started off getting a computer that came with (you guessed it..an incompatible part) a powersupply with insufficient support for the video card..they didnt say a word, and even said it was all working..even saying they tested it. Got the computer and the hard drive, video card, and a ram stick were not connected properly, or at all.

Get it up and running only to crash and find out after a few days of research that the vid card needed a beefier supply, wondering why the hell they didnt bother to call me and ask why (just to be sure, customer service FTW) I ordered a box with a shit supply....nah..cant expect too much. 80 in shipping and 200 in the difference for the only supply they offered to power the card... and the box they give me sends electrical arcing along the top of the vid card when i boot it up. Refund, newegg.com parts incoming.